How to Get Started
Editing WikiGenetics is Easy
Editing WikiGenetics is very easy! Simply click on the edit tab at the top of this page, type in something, and then hit the "Save page" button found at the bottom of the edit box. There is also the option to click "Show preview" first. You can use this basic procedure to edit any page. Anyone is welcome to contribute!
Worrying about Messing up the Contents?
Don't worry. Even if you accidentally mess up something, you can revert your own edit or an editor can correct the mistake. If you want to practice editing pages, you can visit Editing Practice and learn how you can edit pages in WikiGenetics.
Many Ways to Contribute
There are many ways to contribute to WikiGenetics. For example, in addition to editing pages, you can:
- Create a new page with content
- Create a new blank page (for content you want others to add)
- Add a topic in the to do list in the community portal
- Add relevant external and internal links to other information on the web
- Add information to an existing page
- Update old or outdated information on an existing page
- Fix spelling errors or grammatical mistakes on a page
- Edit the phrasing to improve the clarity of content on a page
- Post notices that a page needs to be fixed or has been vandalized
- Visit WikiGenetics. Every visit makes our contributors happy and encourages more participation.
Every contribution helps develop WikiGenetics and is deeply appreciated. Let's create the comprehensive encyclopedia of human genetics together!